Monday, August 27, 2012

24 Shades of Greenish

The Greenish Warbler was still showing well in the brambles this morning, but soon moved into the plaantation, where it was much less showy. Apparently this is the 24th record for The Point, which must make it the best single site in the UK for Greenish. Does anyone know any better?


Like yesterday, there were very few other migrants around, 1 Pied Fly, 1 Whinchat, 2 Yellow Wags and 2 Willow Warblers were all I could find, plus my first Sooty Shearwater of the year this afternoon.

Whinchat in the morning sun

Willow Warbler

Yellow Wagtail


1 comment:

Jason Moss said...

A rather slow response, but I'm doing that thing I reckon a lot of birders do in the winter; reviewing the birding year! I miss Blakeney! And btw, another good sight for Greenish Warblers - Fair Isle! A few more records than most other places; the bird I ID'd at the Haa in 2011 was the 42nd record for the island! A few behind the islands Arctic Warbler tally though. If the 6 we had in 2012 (6!) are all accepted, that will be 70 for the isle! Mind-blowing! You should go... ;)